The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the possible misconduct of securities broker Terance Power. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Terance Power has been the subject of multiple complaints.
Terance Power is a California based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for nineteen years. During his career, he has been registered with three different securities firms.
- Morgan Stanley (1999-2001)
- UBS Financial Services (2001-2008)
- Merrill Lynch (2008-Present)
- In July 2009, claimants alleged that Terance Power made material misrepresentations and omissions, handled their account negligently, breached his fiduciary duty, and breached contract in connection with purchasing Lehman Brothers PPN notes. This case was settled for $82,500 in damages.
- In February 2011, a claimant alleged that Terance Power made unsuitable and misleading recommendations. This case was settled for $19,200 in damages.
- In February 2018, a customer alleged that Terance Power made material misrepresentations and unsuitable investment recommendations. This case was settled for $65,413 in damages.
What Does This Mean?
One of the most noteworthy allegations levied against Terance Power was that he made material misrepresentations. This occurs when a securities broker provides an investor with falsified information regarding an investment. This can occur either through a broker’s fraudulent intent, or through their own negligence. Regardless of the broker’s intent, misrepresentation is a very serious charge as it can cause investors to become invested in securities they are highly unsuited for.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Terance Power, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation.