The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the possible misconduct of securities broker Sergio Rovner. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Sergio Rovner has been the subject of multiple disputes.
Sergio Rovner is a New York based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for twenty years. During his career, he has been registered with nine different securities firms.
- W.J. Nolan & Company (1997)
- First United Equities Corporation (1997)
- Wolff Investment Group Incorporated (1998)
- Capital International Securities (1998-1999)
- Morgan, Taylor & Associates (1999)
- S.W. Bach & Company (2000-2007)
- Andrew Garret (2007)
- Rockwell Securities (2007-2014)
- Aegis Capital Corp. (2014-Present)
- In February 1999, a customer alleged that Sergio Rovner violated various securities laws, recommended unsuitable investments, handled their account negligently, and breached his fiduciary duty. This case was settled for $40,000.
- In June 2002, a customer alleged that Sergio Rovner execute unauthorized trades. This case was settled for $78,000.
- In January 2003, a customer alleged that Sergio Rovner charged them excessive commissions. This case was settled for $35,000.
- In July 2004, a customer alleged that Sergio Rovner failed to enter a stop-limit order on the customer’s intel holdings at $30 a share. This case was settled for approximately $5,000 in damages.
- In February 2018, a customer alleged that Sergio Rovner engaged in unauthorized trading and recommended unsuitable investments. This case was settled for $12,635 in damages.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker negligence and/or fraud. The truth is that many investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Sergio Rover, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation.