The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Michael Monatlik. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Michael Monatlik has been the subject of multiple customer disputes over the course of his career.
Michael Monatlik is a California based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for forty years. During his career, he has been registered with six different securities firms.
- Municicorp of California (1980-1984)
- Smith Barney, Harris Upham & Co. (1983-1986)
- Prudential Securities Incorporated (1986-1999)
- Morgan Stanley (1999-2005)
- Merrill Lynch (2005-2011)
- UBS Financial Services (2011-Present)
- In June 2002, customers alleged that Michael Monatlik made material misrepresentations, recommended unsuitable investments, and managed their account negligently. This case was settled for $24,999 in damages.
- In January 2018, a customer’s son, on behalf of the customer, alleged that Michael Monatlik made unauthorized transactions and that said transactions were unsuitable based on the customer’s advanced age, lack of investment sophistication, and limited asset base. This case was settled for $47,800 in damages.
- In February 2018, a customer alleged that Michael Monatlik recommended unsuitable investments, breached his fiduciary duty, breached contract, violated securities regulatory rules, made intentional and negligent misrepresentations of material fact, engaged in unjust enrichment, breached the duty of good faith and fair dealing, managed their account negligently, engaged in elder abuse, committed fraud, and more. This case went to arbitration where the customer was awarded an undisclosed amount in damages.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages. Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Michael Monatlik, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. Oakes & Fosher handles cases on a contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.