The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Daniel Tompkins. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Daniel Tompkins has been the subject of multiple customer disputes.
Daniel Tompkins is a Florida based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for twenty-six years. During his career, he has been registered with seven different securities firms.
- Smith Barney Shearson (1991-1994)
- Painewebber Incorporated (1994-1996)
- Bear, Stearns & Company (1996-2001)
- Quick & Reilly (2001-2002)
- Citicorp Investment Services (2002-2007)
- Citigroup Global Markets (2007-2009)
- Wells Fargo Clearing Services (2009-Present)
- In June 2009, a customer alleged that their trades made by Daniel Tompkins were inappropriate for them based on their age, medical condition, and financial condition.
- In December 2009, a customer alleged that Daniel Tompkins recommended unsuitable investments, made material misrepresentations, breached his fiduciary duty, handled their account negligently, and engaged in unauthorized trading. The alleged transgressions taking place between January of 2004 and December of 2008. This case was settled for $20,000.
- In February 2018, a customer alleged that Daniel Tompkins sold securities in her account without her authorization.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know have lost money investing with Daniel Tompkins, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation.