The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Mark Barrand. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Mark Barrand has been the subject of multiple customer disputes over the course of his career.
Mark Barrand is a Colorado-based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for seventeen years. During his career, he has been registered with three different securities firms.
- Legacy Financial Services (2002-2004)
- Cetera Advisors (2004-2016)
- Ameriprise Financial Services (2016-Present)
- In August 2010, a customer alleged that Mark Barrand made material misrepresentations, breached his fiduciary duty, managed their account negligently, and violated security regulations. This case was settled for $20,000 in damages.
- In February 2019, a customer alleged that Mark Barrand failed to perform due diligence, recommended unsuitable investments, committed fraud, breached his fiduciary duty, and managed their account negligently. This case was settled for $22,500 in damages.
- In January 2020, a customer alleged that Mark Barrand recommended unsuitable investments that included a master limited partnership and a non-traded REIT. This case is currently pending. The customer is seeking $65,000 in damage.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages. Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Mark Barrand, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. Oakes & Fosher handles cases on a contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.