The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of former securities broker Jodie LaMarre. According to her publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Jodie LaMarre has been the subject of multiple customer disputes.
Jodie LaMarre was a Florida based securities broker. She worked in the securities industry for twenty-five years. During her career, she was registered with six different securities firms. She is no longer working as a registered securities broker.
- Merrill Lynch (1991-1992)
- A.G. Edwards & Sons (1992-1997)
- Prudential Securities Incorporated (1997-2003)
- Wachovia Securities (2003-2008)
- Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated (2008-2015)
- Janney Montgomery Scott (2015-2017)
- In May 2015, a customer alleged that Jodie LaMarre gave them poor advice regarding distribution/surrender of annuities following the death of her husband. This alleged advice resulted in unintended tax consequences. This case was settled for $10,000 in damages.
- In December 2016, a customer alleged that Jodie LaMarre’s poor advice led him to incur losses from the purchase of a variable annuity. This case was settled for $30,000.
- In February 2018, Jodie LaMarre was officially sanctioned by FINRA. The findings in this matter state that LaMarre allegedly recommended an unsuitable investment strategy involving the consolidation of an elderly customer’s assets into a single taxable account without regard to the fact that several of the assets were in tax-deferred accounts or investment vehicles. FINRA believes that LaMarre failed to give adequate consideration to the significant losses the customer would incur as a result of her recommendation. Due to these allegations, she was fined $10,000 and suspended from acting as a securities broker in any fashion for a period of one year.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Jodie LaMarre, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation.