The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Jimmy Kuhn. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Jimmy Kuhn has been the subject of multiple customer disputes over the course of his career.
Jimmy Kuhn is a New York-based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for twenty years. During his career, he has been registered with seven different securities firms.
- D.L. Cromwell Investments (1999)
- Northridge Capital Corporation (1999-2000)
- Mantis Securities (2000-2002)
- Morgan Stanley DW (2002-2007)
- Morgan Stanley (2007-2009)
- America Portfolios Financial Services (2009-Present)
- In November 2008, a customer alleged that his margin account managed by Jimmy Kuhn was larger than he had authorized which led to losses. This case was settled for $150,000 in damages.
- In December 2009, customers alleged that Jimmy Kuhn recommended unsuitable investments in ultra-short ETFs. This case was settled for $65,500 in damages.
- In December 2015, customers alleged that Jimmy Kuhn breached his fiduciary duty, recommended unsuitable investments, breached contract, made material misrepresentations, and executed unauthorized trades. This case was settled for $60,000 in damages.
- In January 2018, customers alleged that Jimmy Kuhn breached his fiduciary duties and recommended unsuitable investments. This case was settled for $70,000 in damages.
- In April 2019, customers alleged that Jimmy Kuhn recommended unsuitable investments, engaged in common law fraud, breached contract, and breached his fiduciary duty. This case is currently pending. The customers are seeking an undisclosed amount in damages.
What Does This Mean?
When securities brokers and investors enter into a professional relationship, a contract is formed. This contract dictates how both parties are to behave during their professional relationship. It is formed to protect both parties from experiencing any financial harm due to the other party acting unfairly. When either party does something contrary to what the contract dictates, they have officially breached contract. More often than not, the securities broker is the individual who breaches the contract when they recommend securities the investor is financially unsuited for.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages. Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Jimmy Kuhn, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. Oakes & Fosher handles cases on a contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.