The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the possible misconduct of securities broker David Lowenthal. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, David Lowenthal has been the subject of multiple customer disputes over the course of his career.
David Lowenthal is a New York based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for twenty-two years. During his career, he has been registered with three different securities firms.
- Prudential Securities (1997-2000)
- UBS Financial Services (2000-2009)
- Merrill Lynch (2009-Present)
- Between 2009 and 2010, David Lowenthal became the subject of seven disputes from customers alleging that he placed them in unsuitable Auction Rate Securities that later became illiquid on a widespread scale. These cases were settled for a total of $8.63 million in damages.
- In August 2015, claimants alleged David Lowenthal improperly advised their son to improperly trade derivatives without disclosing the associated risks.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with David Lowenthal, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation.