The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Ronald Rothchild. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Ronald Rothchild has been the subject of multiple customer disputes over the course of his career.
Ronald Rothchild is a New York-based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for sixteen years. During his career, he has been registered with four different securities firms.
- David Lerner Associates (2002-2005)
- Wells Fargo Advisors (2005-2011)
- Raymond James Financial Services (2011-2016)
- National Securities Corporation (2017-Present)
- In April 2016, a customer alleged that Ronald Rothchild executed unauthorized trades, recommended unsuitable investments, and provided them inappropriate assurances concerning the level of income the clients could expect as a return on investments. This case was settled for $132,000 in damages. Due to these allegations, Ronald Rothchild was terminated from his position at Raymond James Financial Services.
- In December 2016, a customer alleged that Ronald Rothchild managed their account negligently, breached his fiduciary duty, breached contract, made material misrepresentations and omissions. This case was settled for $48,000 in damages.
- In March 2018, a customer alleged that Ronald Rothchild misrepresented investments to her. She also alleged that the investments were unsuitable due to her stated investment objectives. She further alleged that her investment objectives and risk tolerance were inaccurately stated on new account paperwork. This case was settled for $75,000 in damages.
- In July 2018, a customer alleged that Ronald Rothchild breached contract, managed their account negligently, recommended unsuitable investments, and breached his fiduciary duty. This case was settled for $65,000 in damages.
What Does This Mean?
Securities brokers must be completely accurate when filling out forms for new customers. Any misstatement of financial information, whether intentional or not, can result in the customer being placed in investments they are not financially suited for. When securities brokers intentionally inflate a customer’s financial information on new account forms, it is done so to falsely present that they are financially suited for specific investments they wish to place them in. This can cause investors to experience significant financial harm.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Ronald Rothchild, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. Oakes & Fosher handles cases on contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.