The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Robert Wyla Melberth. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Robert Melberth has been the subject of multiple customer disputes over the course of his career.
Robert Melberth is a Florida-based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for eighteen years. During his career, he had been registered with nine different securities firms.
- Sigma Financial Corporation (2004-2005)
- Morgan Stanley DW (2005-2007)
- Morgan & Stanley Co. (2007-2008)
- Gunnallen Financial (2008-2010)
- JHS Capital Advisors (2010-2015)
- Aegis Capital Corp (2015-2020)
- Emerson Equity LLC (2020-present)
- In July 2022, a customer alleged that Robert Melberth breached fiduciary duty, violated NASD & NYSE rules, breached his contract, and managed their account negligently. This case is currently pending, and the customer is seeking $2.1 million in damages.
What Does This Mean?
The relationship between investors and securities brokers exists on a foundation of trust. The reason that investors can generally feel secure in trusting their broker is because they are aware that brokers are obligated to always act in their customers’ best financial interests. This obligation is also known as the broker’s fiduciary duty. Brokers who breach this duty work toward the erosion of that trust, which in turn can significantly damage the broker/investor relationship.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Robert Melberth, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. We handle cases on a contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.