The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Robert Berry. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Robert Berry has been the subject of a customer dispute and a FIRNA sanction.
Robert Berry is an Ohio based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for forty-two years. During his career, he has been registered with five different securities firms.
- Merrill Lynch (1978-2001)
- Wachovia Securities (2001-2007)
- Butler, Wick & Co. (2007-2009)
- Stifel, Nicolaus & Company (2009-2018)
- American Heritage Securities (2018-Present)
- In March 1990, a customer alleged that Robert Berry made a mistake while placing in order. He allegedly purchased three OEX as opposed to the thirty he was instructed to purchase. This case went to arbitration where the customer was awarded $129,000 in damages.
- In March 2017, Robert Berry was officially sanctioned by FINRA. The findings in this matter state that he exercised discretion in the accounts of multiple customers without obtaining written approval from the customers or by having his member firm accept the accounts as discretionary. Due to these alleged actions, he was fined $2,500 and suspended from acting as a securities broker in any fashion for a period of ten business days.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Robert Berry, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence.