The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Paul Cowler. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Paul Cowler has been the subject of multiple customer disputes over the course of his career.
Paul Cowler is a New York-based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for seventeen years. During his career, he has been registered with four different securities firms.
- Ladenburg Capital Management (2001-2005)
- S.W. Bach & Company (2005-2007)
- Andrew Garrett (2007-2017)
- Laidlaw & Company (2017-Present)
- In March 2003, a customer alleged that Paul Cowler executed unauthorized trades. This case was settled for $10,197 in damages.
- In September 2012, a customer alleged that Paul Cowler excessively traded their account. This case was settled for $25,000 in damages.
- In May 2015, a customer alleged that Paul Cowler made unsuitable investment recommendations. This case was settled for $6,000 in damages.
- In July 2018, a customer alleged that Paul Cowler failed to follow his instructions. This case is currently pending. The customer is seeking $100,000 in damages.
What Does This Mean?
Securities brokers are required to follow the instructions given to them by their customers regarding how to invest their account–provided those instructions are not contrary to the customer’s best interests. A failure to do so can often result in the customer experiencing significant lost opportunity–meaning the broker failed to invest the client’s funds as instructed, and it result in an investment rising in value without the client actually being invested in it.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Paul Cowler, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. We work on a contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.