The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Nolan Dudley Baird Jr. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Nolan Dudley Baird Jr. has been the subject of a FINRA sanction and a customer dispute.
Nolan Dudley Baird Jr. is a Georgia based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for thirty-one years. During his career, he has been registered with seven different securities firms.
- The Robinson-Humphrey Company (1987-1991)
- Fidelity Brokerage Services (1991-1992)
- Oppenheimer & Co. (1992-1993)
- Smith Barney (1993-1995)
- First Union Capital Markets (1995-1999)
- Wells Fargo Advisors (1999-2013)
- Stifel, Nicolaus & Company (2013-Present)
- In January 2017, a customer alleged that Nolan Dudley Baird Jr. breached his fiduciary duty, breached contract, engaged in common law fraud, handled their account negligently, made negligent misrepresentations, recommended unsuitable investments, churned their account, and violated the Georgia Securities Act.
- In December 2017, Nolan Dudley Baird Jr. was officially sanctioned by FINRA following allegations that he improperly used discretion to place 27 trades in the account belonging to one of his customers. He allegedly did this without written authorization from the customer and without his member firm deeming the account in question as suitable for discretionary trading. Due to these alleged actions, he was fined $7,500 and suspended from acting as a securities broker for a period of fifteen business days.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Nolan Dudley Baird Jr., please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation.