The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the possible misconduct of former securities broker Michel Lavelanet. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Michel Lavelanet has been the subject of multiple customer disputes.
Michel Lavelanet was a New York based securities broker. He worked in the securities industry for eighteen years. During his career,he was registered with three different securities firms.
- Monroe Parker Securities (1997)
- VTR Capital (1997-1998)
- Woodstock Financial Group (1998-2015)
- In December 2014, a customer alleged that Michel Lavelanet omitted material facts, recommended unsuitable securities, excessively traded their account, engaged in fraud, handled their account negligently, made negligent misrepresentations, breached contract, breached his fiduciary duty, and converted their funds. This case was settled for $125,000 in damages.
- In February 2015, a customer alleged that Michel Lavelanet churned their account, recommended unsuitable trades, executed unauthorized trades, and breached his fiduciary duty. This case was settled for $35,000 in damages.
- In August 2018, a customer alleged that Michel Lavelanet engaged in fraud, excessively traded their account, churned their account, executed unauthorized trades, breached his fiduciary duty, recommended unsuitable securities, breached contract, handled their account negligently, engaged in unjust enrichment, and engaged in deceptive practices. This case is currently pending. The customer is seeking approximately $700,000 in damages.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Michel Lavelanet, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation.