The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of former securities broker Michael Hanke. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Michael Hanke has been the subject of a customer complaint and a FINRA sanction.
Michael Hanke was a Florida based securities broker. He worked in the securities industry for sixteen years. During his career, he was registered with three different securities firms. He is no longer working as a registered securities broker in any fashion.
- IDS Life Insurance Company (1998-2006)
- Securities America (2001-2008)
- Ameriprise Financial Services (1998-2015)
- In January 2009, a customer alleged that Michael Hanke failed to follow instructions. This case went to arbitration where the customer was awarded $25,000 in damages.
- In March 2018, Michael Hanke was officially sanctioned by FINRA. The findings in this matter state that he allegedly exercised discretion in a customer’s account without written authorization from the customer and without the member firm having accepted the account as discretionary. Due to these allegations, he was fined $10,000 and suspended from acting as a securities broker in any fashion for a period of one month.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Michael Hanke, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation.