The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Mark Kregor. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Mark Kregor has been the subject of multiple customer disputes over the course of his career.
Mark Kregor is a Kentucky based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for twenty-six years. During his career, he has been registered with two different securities firms.
- J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons (1993-2019)
- Robert W. Baird & Co. (2019-Present)
- In May 2015, a customer alleged that Mark Kregor over-concentrated their portfolio in Monitise Stock. The customer also alleged that these investments were not in line with their previously stated investment objectives. This case was settled for $50,000 in damages.
- In November 2016, a customer alleged that Mark Kregor recommended unsuitable investments. This case was settled for $100,000 in damages.
- In May 2017, another customer alleged that Mark Kregor made unsuitable investment recommendations. This case was settled for $170,000 in damages.
- In July 2017, another customer alleged Mark Kregor recommended investments unsuitable for them. This case was settled for $145,000 in damages.
- In September 2018, a customer alleged that Mark Kregor violated suitability rules with regard to certain securities. This case was settled for $87,500 in damages.
- In October 2018, a customer alleged that Mark Kregor over-concentrated their account in unsuitable investments. This case was settled for $200,000 in damages.
- In February 2020, yet another customer alleged that Mark Kregor recommended unsuitable investments. This case is currently pending. The customer is seeking an undisclosed amount in damages.
What Does This Mean?
Brokers can determine if a particular investment is suitable for their customer by analyzing financial information specific to every customer. This includes the customer’s age, financial situation, risk tolerance, liquidity needs, and investment objectives. When investors are placed in securities contrary to these stated factors, they can experience significant financial losses. The reason that investors hire securities brokers in the first place, is because they themselves lack the expertise to invest suitably on their own behalf. In order to be successful in their position, it is crucial for securities brokers to possess this expertise. Brokers who fail to invest their customers in a manner suitable to them should not be trusted as an authority figure on the subject.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Mark Kregor, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. Oakes & Fosher handles cases on a contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.