The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the possible misconduct of securities broker Laura Hanson. According to her publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Laura Hanson has been the subject of multiple customer disputes.
Laura Hanson is a Florida based securities broker. She has worked in the securities industry for thirty-six years. During her career, she has been registered with three different securities firms.
- Merrill Lynch (1983-1985, 2007-Present)
- Kidder, Peabody & Co. (1985-1992)
- UBS Financial Services (1992-2007)
- In May 2008, a customer alleged that Laura Hanson recommended they purchase a highly unsuitable and illiquid Auction Rate Security. This case was settled for $425,000 in damages.
- In October 2009, a customer alleged that Laura Hanson misrepresented Auction Rate Securities to her by telling her they were a liquid investment. This case was settled for $150,000 in damages.
- In February 2017, customers alleged that Laura Hanson misrepresented and omitted material facts and excessively traded their account. This case was settled for approximately $33,000 in damages.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Laura Hanson, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation.