The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is currently investigating securities broker Gregory Jon Williams for possible negligence and/or misconduct. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Gregory Jon Williams has been the subject of multiple customer complaints over the course of his career.
Gregory Jon Williams presently operates as a Colorado based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for twenty-nine years. During his career, he has been registered with six different securities firms.
- IDS Marketing Corporation (1986)
- A.G. Edwards & Sons (1986-1989)
- Banc One Securities Corporation (1993-2005)
- Citigroup Global Markets (2005-2009)
- Morgan Stanley (2009-2011)
- Presidential Brokerage, Inc. (2011-Present)
- In February 2009, a customer alleged that Gregory Jon Williams executed unauthorized trades and unsuitable trades in her account. This case was settled for $25,000 in damages.
- In June 2018, a customer alleged that Gregory Jon Williams executed an unauthorized transfer, recommended unsuitable investments, made material misrepresentations and omissions, committed fraud, and breached his fiduciary duty. This case is currently pending. The customer is seeking $1.2 million in damages.
- In March 2019, a customer alleged that Gregory Jon Williams recommended unsuitable investments, made material misrepresentations, managed their account negligently, committed fraud, and breached his fiduciary duty. This case went to arbitration where the customer was awarded $45,818 in damages.
- In March 2020, customers alleged that Gregory Jon Williams recommended unsuitable investments, breached his fiduciary duty, managed their account negligently, and breached contract. This case is currently pending. The customers are seeking $500,000 in damages.
What Does This Mean?
Securities brokers are a brand of financial advisors known as fiduciaries. As fiduciaries, securities brokers have a duty to their customers to always act in their best financial interests. Despite this, many less than scrupulous securities brokers ignore this duty by engaging in fraudulent and deceptive behavior designed to financially benefit themselves at the expense of their customer. Investors who have lost money due to the fraudulent behavior of their securities broker may be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are still unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker negligence or fraud. Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors who have lost money in this manner. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Gregory Jon Williams, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. Oakes & Fosher handles cases on a contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.