The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker David Janny. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, David Janny has been the subject of multiple customer disputes over the course of his career.
David Janny is a Connecticut based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for thirty-six years. During his career, he has been registered with three different securities firms.
- Merrill Lynch (1984-1991)
- UBS Financial Services (1991-2012)
- Morgan Stanley (2012-Present)
- In November 2009, a customer alleged that David Janny purchased unsuitable ETF’s on their behalf, failed to follow instructions, and executed numerous trades without authorization. This case was settled for $9,950 in damages.
- In January 2011, a customer alleged that her account was aggressively traded in high-risk investments that were contrary to her wishes and stated objectives by David Janny. This case was settled for $135,000 in damages.
- In April 2014, a customer alleged that David Janny executed unauthorized trades, recommended unsuitable investments, and engaged in excessive short-term selling in her account. This case was settled for $75,000 in damages.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages. Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with David Janny, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. Oakes & Fosher handles cases on a contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.