The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Bernard Audet. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Bernard Audet has been the subject of multiple customer disputes over the course of his career.
Bernard Audet is a Pennsylvania based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for thirty-four years. During his career, he has been registered with four different securities firms.
- Travelers Equities Sales (1985-1989)
- New England Securities (1989-2015)
- MSI Financial Services (2015-2017)
- MML Investors Services (2017-Present)
- In May 2006, a customer alleged that Bernard Audet misrepresented a variable universal life insurance policy. This case was settled for $527,450 in damages.
- In May 2008, another customer alleged that Bernard Audet misrepresented a variable life insurance policy regarding necessary installment payments. This case was settled for $75,000 in damages.
- In June 2008, a customer alleged that Bernard Audet misrepresented the tax ramifications when the value of an existing life insurance policy was transferred to a new variable life insurance policy. This case was settled for $195,000 in damages.
- In April 2017, a customer alleged that Bernard Audet breached his fiduciary duty in connection with the sale of variable life insurance policies. This case is currently pending. The customer is seeking an undisclosed amount in damages.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Bernard Audet, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. Oakes & Fosher handles cases on a contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.