Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating securities broker Anthony Frederick Hobson. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Anthony Frederick Hobson has been the subject of multiple customer complaints over the course of his career.
Anthony Frederick Hobson is presently operating as an Indiana based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for nineteen years. During his career, he has been registered with five different securities firms.
- National Planning Corporation (2000-2004)
- Primevest Financial Services (2004-2007)
- Next Financial Group (2007-2013)
- Investors Capital Corp. (2013-2016)
- Money Concepts Capital Corp. (2016-Present)
- In May 2011, customers alleged that Anthony Frederick Hobson sold them an unsuitable product and misrepresented the details about said product. This case was settled for $100,000 in damages.
- In January 2015, customers alleged that Anthony Frederick Hobson misrepresented a non-traded REIT known as Cornerstone Core Properties Inc. This case was settled for $32,500 in damages.
What Does This Mean?
Non-traded REITs, or real estate investment trusts, are privately traded investment funds not sold on any public securities exchanges. Due to their private nature, their is a distinctive lack of oversight associated with these products. This provides less than scrupulous securities brokers ample opportunity to misrepresent these private securities as safe and consistently lucrative. In reality, non-traded REITs are speculative and illiquid investments accompanied by extremely high cost structures. Despite how unsuitable they can be for investors, many brokers continue to recommended them because of the incredibly high commissions they receive when doing so.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Anthony Frederick Hobson, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. Oakes & Fosher handles cases on a contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.