The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Dan King. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Dan King has been the subject of multiple complaints over the course of his career.
Dan King is a New York based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for eight years. During his career, he has been registered with five different securities firms.
- Brookville Capital Partners (2011-2015)
- Tryco Securities (2015)
- Legend Securities (2015-2016)
- Newbridge Securities Corporation (2016-2019)
- Benchmark Investments (2019-Present)
- In July 2016, a customer alleged that Dan King failed to execute a trade and executed unauthorized trades. This case was settled for $12,000 in damages.
- In May 2017, customers alleged that they experienced losses due to Dan King’s unsuitable investment recommendations. This case is currently pending. The customers are seeking $59,330 in damages.
- In February 2020, a customer alleged that Dan King executed unsuitable and excessive margin trades and recommended an unsuitable private placement. This case is currently pending. The customer is seeking $3,683,000 in damages.
Private placements are unregistered securities that do not trade on any public securities exchanges. They are often incredibly harmful to investors due to their speculative nature, illiquidity, and extremely high cost structure. Despite this, they are recommended to unsuited investors by less than scrupulous securities brokers because of significant conflicts of interest. These conflicts are born out of the fact that brokers receive incredibly high commissions when recommending these products. These commissions drastically drain investor principals and make it almost impossible for them to see any profits under anything other than a booming market.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Dan King, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. Oakes & Fosher handles cases on a contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.