The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of former securities broker Jody Bowers. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Jody Bowers has been the subject of multiple customer disputes.
Jody Bowers was a Texas based securities broker. He worked in the securities industry for eleven years. During his career, he was registered with four different securities firms.
- Merrill Lynch (2005-2006)
- First Heartland Capital (2007-2012)
- Sagepoint Financial (2012-2014)
- Lowell & Company (2014-2018)
- In August 2017, a customer alleged that Jody Bowers placed them in unsuitable securities and over-concentrated their account in said unsuitable securities. This case was settled for $375,000 in damages.
- In July 2019, a customer alleged that Jody Bowers made improper investment recommendations and made material misrepresentations. This case is presently pending. The customer is seeking $100,000 in damages.
What Does This Mean?
One of the most important aspects of a securities broker’s job is the ability to recommend suitable securities to their customers. Broker’s can determine this suitability by looking at factors like the customer’s investment objectives, age, annual income, risk tolerance, liquidity needs, and financial situation. Brokers who are unable to make recommendations that are suitable for their customers lack the ability to perform their jobs to the standard that is necessary for that position.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Jody Bowers, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. We work on a contingency basis which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.