The law firm of Oakes & Fosher is presently investigating the alleged misconduct of securities broker Jeffrey Leach. According to his publicly available FINRA BrokerCheck report, Jeffrey Leach has been the subject of multiple customer complaints throughout his career.
Jeffrey Leach is a Florida based securities broker. He has worked in the securities industry for twenty years. During his career, he has been registered with four different securities firms.
- Conseco Securities (1999-2000)
- Citigroup Global Markets (2000-2008)
- Morgan Stanley & Co. (2008-2009)
- Morgan Stanley (2009-Present)
- In April 2016, customers alleged that Jeffrey Leach recommended unsuitable investments. This case was settled for $165,000 in damages.
- In January 2020, customers alleged that Jeffrey Leach made material misrepresentations with respect to investments. This case is currently pending. The customers are seeking $3 million in damages.
What Does This Mean?
The charge of misrepresentation is very serious and often causes serious financial harm to investors. Essentially, misrepresentation occurs when a securities broker provides an investor with information that has been falsified in some manner. This can be either on purpose, in an attempt to defraud the investor, or by accident through the broker’s negligence. Regardless of the broker’s intent, misrepresentation can cause significant losses in an investor’s account as it can lead to them making crucial financial decisions based on misinformation.
Oakes & Fosher Can Help
Many investors are unaware of the legal recourse available to them after losing money due to securities broker fraud and/or negligence. The truth is that investors who have lost money in this fashion may actually be entitled to damages.
Oakes & Fosher dedicates its entire legal practice to helping investors across the nation. If you, or someone you know, have lost money investing with Jeffrey Leach, please contact Oakes & Fosher for a free and private consultation. We handle cases on a contingency basis, which means there are no fees charged unless we collect for you.